Information and Help for Parents of Children with Special Needs and Brain Injury.
Children may have been diagnosed with:
- cerebral palsy
- Down syndrome
- developmental delay
- attention deficit disorder
- learning problems
The Institutes treats the full spectrum of brain-injured children and injury caused in children diagnosed with Trisomy 21.
Often our parents feel alone with an overwhelming problem - their beloved child falling further and further behind. Our parents believe that their child has tremendous potential that is waiting to be used. They think that it is their job to make sure their child has a fighting chance to have as many options in life as possible. They want an answer right now. Click here to read more about how to get your child started on an effective treatment program.
Learning Problems, Attention Deficit Disorder and ADHD.
“Autism” Or “Autistic” Or “Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
Epilepsy And Seizures
Childrens Cerebral Palsy
- “Cerebral palsy” is a symptomatic diagnosis
- A proper diagnosis describes where the injury exists in the brain
- Myths About Cerebral Palsy
- Treatment for Cerebral Palsy
Developmental Delay And Learning Problems
- Developmental Delay – Pervasive Developmental Disorder
- Treatment For Developmental Delay
- Myths About Developmental Delay
- Treatment Success for Developmental Delay
Trisomy 21 (Down Syndrome)
- The Institutes does not treat the genetic disorder. However, these children are brain-injured as a result of their genetic problems.
- Down syndrome is a label rather than a diagnosis.
- Myths About Trisomy 21 (Down Syndrome)
- Using the programs developed by The Institutes, children diagnosed with Trisomy 21, or Down syndrome, have been able to significantly improve their ability to learn, to communicate, to solve problems and, in some cases, to perform at age level or above…click to read more.
- Some genetic problems cause injury to the brain.
Information on Brain Injury and Diagnosing the Cause of Symptomatic Labels.
- Our views on children with special needs
- What is Brain Injury
- Misconceptions About the Brain
- To be successful one must treat the brain where the injury actually exists.
- There are more than 300 different labels that are commonly used to describe brain-injured children.
- There are many ways that a good brain can get hurt.
- What Causes Brain Injury?
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Mentally retarded
- Other Symptomatic Labels